Wednesday 21 November 2012

Learning plan for December to February

During these three months, I want to join IELES test again. So I need to practice listening, reading, writing and speaking. This prepare is difficult to me. I participated in IELES test last year. When I listened IELES test, I needed to understand what the radio say and wrote down right vocabulary words. After IELES test, I knew my listening was extremely poor, so I asked my teacher and people who joined IELES before. Many people gave me a useful strategy which can get a high mark in listening. First of all, I will try to listen the radio and take a note. That means that I should write down all the radio say, not just fill in blank space of test paper. The second strategy is related to adding vocabulary. There are many difficult vocabulary words in reading. If I do not comprehend the meaning of those vocabulary words, I probably can not find the answers. The third step is to practice my writing. Introduction, conclusion and details are very important in writing, so I need to practice them. After practicing, I should find someone who has a better writing skill to help me to check my grammar and details. Forth, speaking is also important in IELES test which has different topics. In order to get better mark, I can find a teacher who can correct my pronunciation. Finally, I will read some free newspaper in Vancouver because I will live one month with my brother in Vancouver on December. Some people stand in front of skytrain exit to distribute some free newspapers. I think that it is a good way to practice my English and add vocabulary words.

3 comments:

  1. I like your learning plan for the coming 3 months. I am sure you can do good at your grammar, vocabulary, listening. Never give up, you will pass the IELTS. Good luck Judy! I am waiting for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware, Judy, as IELTS preparation won't necessarily improve your English for AP5 and academic study. Better to focus on AP5, I think. I like your idea of finding someone skilful in writing to help you.

    Tasks 1 & 2-- 3.5/5

    ReplyDelete